title icon


Post-secondary students

If you are a resident of the St. Boniface electoral division and temporarily live outside the division to attend a school in Manitoba, the following rules apply:

  • If your course of study is longer than six months you are not eligible to vote in the byelection while attending school.
  • If your course of study is shorter than six months you are eligible to vote in the byelection.

You may vote at your designated voting place on election day, in advance at either advance voting location in your electoral division, or as an absentee voter.

Students Attending School Outside Manitoba

Eligible residents of St. Boniface attending school outside Manitoba can still vote in the byelection as an absentee voter.

To qualify as a student absentee voter you must:

  • be a Canadian citizen
  • be 18 years old on or before election day
  • intend to return to live in Manitoba when you are done your studies*

*The six-month residency rule is waived for students

Find out more and apply as an absentee voter.

email election@elections.mb.ca | phone 204-945-3225 | 1-866-628-6837

Elections Manitoba © 2018