Elections Manitoba is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly responsible for delivering free and fair provincial elections. All employees with Elections Manitoba (EM) must be non-partisan in perception and fact, and sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Ensure problem-free movement of voters in and out of polling places
- Ensures that voters remain within the designated areas of the polling place
- Provides directions to entrance and exit doors of the polling place
- Cleans and sanitizes the polling place
- Prohibits non-voters from entering the polling place
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Competent and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm on election day
- Must be at least 16 years old
As an employee of Elections Manitoba, the Information Officer:
- Is not allowed to engage in any partisan political activity from the time the oath of office is taken for the position at Elections Manitoba until after election day (such activity will result in immediate cancellation of appointment)
- Communicates no bias or opinions on the election while at the polling place;
- Answers only those questions relating to the process of the election (e.g., voting hours)
You will be required to attend Information Officer Training. Training times, dates and locations will be provided.
- $14.50 per hour
- Training - $50
A T4 slip is issued for money earned.