Data Entry Clerk Position Summary
Under the general supervision of the assistant returning officer, the data entry clerk will be responsible for entering the names, address and phone numbers of voters into a computerized data management system to complete the voters list.
- Enters data according to prescribed standards
- Inputs data into computer system
- Verifies recorded information to ensure accuracy and completeness of data. Identifies and corrects errors
- Updates files and records
- Assembles, batches, and files voter registration records
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Office experience with related computer skills
- Excellent numeric data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Working evenings/weekends - casual/part-time and must be flexible to work additional hours up to 12 hours per day during the registration period
- Experience entering data accurately with attention to detail
As an employee, the Data Entry Clerk:
- Is not allowed to engage in any partisan political activity from the time the oath of office is taken for the position at Elections Manitoba until after election day (such activity will result in immediate cancellation of appointment)
- Communicates no bias or opinions on the election while at the voting station;
- Answers only those questions relating to the process of the election (e.g., voting hours).
- Data entry clerk - $12.35 per hour
- Training - $40.00
A T4 slip is issued for money earned.