Elections Manitoba is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly responsible for delivering free and fair provincial elections. All employees with Elections Manitoba (EM) must be non-partisan in perception and fact, and sign a confidentiality agreement.
Under the general supervision of the Returning Officer (RO) and Assistant Returning Officer (ARO), the junior clerk provides office, administrative and financial support for the returning office and performs related duties as assigned by the RO/ARO.
Responsibilities by phase of election:
- Receive delivery of supplies and equipment;
- Answer telephones and provide assistance to inquiries;
- Log information on calls received, maintain detailed and accurate records;
- Operate various office equipment – computer, fax and photocopier;
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business; and
- Assist in preparation of supplies for training.
- Assist in receiving and verify ballots from printers.
- Assist in preparing supplies and ballot boxes for election day;
- Assist in organizing the returning office for election night;
- Assist in receiving, posting and reporting results of the election; and
- Assist in the final tally of votes.
- Experience working effectively with others under tight deadlines;
- Be mature, responsible, energetic, committed, attentive to detail and self-motivated;
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Remain impartial in all dealings during an electoral event;
- Experience in a computerized environment including Microsoft Office software.
- $13.50 per hour
A T4 slip is issued for money earned.