REGISTRATION AGENT POSITION SUMMARY
The Registration Agents is responsible to assist in improving the accuracy and completeness of the register of voters through door-to-door visits of homes as directed by the registration supervisor. At all times, employees must take conduct registration with their own safety and that of voters in mind.
Complete coverage of all dwellings assigned by the returning officer, which includes:
- Gathering the names and addresses (phone number where provided) of all eligible voters at the assigned dwellings (door-to-door visits);
- Keeping records of home visits completed and not completed;
- Providing the appropriate forms and information for Absentee, Homebound and Special Voting; and
- Responsible for dropping off voter records to the Returning Office, or arrange a drop-off point on a daily or every-other day basis depending on electoral division and as agreed upon with registration supervisor;
- Understand written instructions and the ability to read maps;
- Print/write legibly and strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Communicate effectively with no bias or opinions on the election;
- Be mature, responsible, energetic, committed, attentive to detail and self motivated
- Available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Prepared to work in all kinds of weather;
- Be in good health - the job involves walking and climbing stairs; and
- Be organized and committed to assignment completion.
AS AN EMPLOYEE, THE REGISTRATINO AGENT:
- Is not allowed to engage in any partisan political activity from the time the oath of office is taken for the position at Elections Manitoba until after election day (such activity will result in immediate cancellation of appointment);
- Communicates no bias or opinion on the election while at the voting station;
- answers only those questions relating to the process of the election (e.g., voting hours).
- Registration Agent- $13.35 per hour
- Training - $60.00
A T4 slip is issued for money earned.