GUIDELINES FOR MEDIA IN THE VOTING PLACES
If you wish to gather footage, take photos or otherwise cover activities at the voting place, please take note of the following:
- Arrangements must be made in advance with Elections Manitoba.
- Upon arrival at the voting place members of the media should make their presence known to the senior voting officer.
- Care must be taken not to block access to the voting place entrance or otherwise interfere with the orderly operation of the voting place.
- Cameras are not allowed to show voters marking their ballots as this would compromise the secrecy of the ballot.
- If any voter objects to media being present in the voting place while he or she is voting, all media personnel must exit the voting place until the voter has voted and exited the voting place.
- Electronic communication devices (e.g. cell phones) cannot be used to take photos or videos within a voting place.
- "Exit polling" is not allowed within 50 metres of the entrance to a building in which voting is being held.
To make arrangements to visit a voting place, please contact:
Mike Ambrose, Director of Communications and Public Information
Phone: 204-945-7379 | Toll-free: 1-866-628-6837