Candidate Information Sessions
FOR CANDIDATES, CAMPAIGN MANAGERS AND OFFICIAL AGENTS
Information sessions are provided to assist all those interested in becoming a candidate in a Manitoba provincial election. The session gives an overview of the process and steps required to become a candidate as outlined in The Elections Act.
Topics covered include:
- Candidate qualifications
- Timeline and requirements for submitting nomination papers
- Material provided to candidates
- Political Information Portal
- Leave of absence provisions for candidates
- Campaigning – rights and responsibilities
- Scrutineer responsibilities
- Voting opportunities
- Counting – preliminary results
- Final tally and declaration of the candidate
If you are interested in attending an information session, please select one of the sessions below and fill in your information to register.